why my kitten is bleeding from the butt

why is my kitten bleeding from the butti did just get it and thay are eating cat food from my cat

Asked by Member 938464 on Jan 14th 2010 in Kittens

Answers

Minuit AKA Miss Meany

My first thought is worms. When you take your little one to the vet tomorrow, take a fresh fecal sample with you when you go.

Minuit AKA Miss Meany answered on 1/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Take him to the vet and they should be able to confirm and get him the treatment he needs. As well as works he could have bloody diarrhea that just looks like blood/water. That is easy to treat by the vet with meds but is serious as he could get really dehydrated very quickly.

Harvey

Take your cat to the vet whenever there is something unusual going on--you know better than anyone if your cat is not acting "normal." Bloody feces should not be ignored. Get a vet check. But, in my own case, I have "cured" Harvey's soft stools by giving him fiber rich hairball control food--when I should have taken him to a specialist to check for IBD etc. But I have been told by my local vet (who is very good) that bloody stools are often caused by things as simple as the cat having ingested something like human hair, which can cause intestinal bleeding. Please take your cat to the vet, remembering that bloody feces may or may not be a symptom of a major medical problem. We (well, me at least) are not medical experts here, but we are always available for support. Keep us posted. But do go to the vet.

Harvey answered on 1/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer