Why is my spayed cat squeezing her hips and shaking her tail?

My 7 year old spayed cat will sometimes (normally when she is SUPER happy) she will squeeze her hips and shake her tail. I was just wondering what that meant.

Thanks

Asked by Member 1091250 on Feb 10th 2012 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Cali

I'm not sure what you mean by squeezing her hips, but some cats when they are super excited will stand on their tip-toes and occasionally a shiver will run up their tail. As long as she's not actually spraying and she does it when she has reason to be happy and excited I wouldn't worry about it. It probably has something to do with the cat's instinct to put their tail straight up when they are feeling happy and trusting- like when people smile so much for so long their cheeks start to quiver.

Cali answered on 2/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

your cat is fine. the biggest concern after spaying, the next fewdays after she may become constipated from the anethesia. this may become a serious condition. see your vet if kitty shows any discomfortafter surgery. an enema and baby oil may all that is needed to save her. spaying is major surgery and kittys need to be watched closely during recovery