why is my female cat dragging her behind on the floor?

Asked by Member 1114414 on Jun 6th 2012 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

She probably has impacted and maybe infected anal glands, which are small glands on either side of her rectum. These can become infected and will cause discomfort kind of like human hemmorhoids. I'm sure she's very uncomfortable and would appreciate it if you took her to the vet's to have these expressed--which means squeezing them to get the yukky stuff out. It doesn't sound pleasant, but she'll thank you for it. If she's long haired, you can also check/trim her back there if she has any "hangers-on" which can also cause her to be uncomfortable.

i am so sorry but my mom had a cat like that and she took her to vet and if she is dragging her bottom half i would really really suggest that you get her to a vet A.S.A.P... it could be something seriously wrong... i'm a cat lover myself and we all hurt when i pets hurt and we dont know whats going on but she could of had a stroke or something to that nature but for real i would get her to the vet...

It might just be a case of worms.