Why is my cats hair getting oily?

My cat had a fight with another cat about 2 weeks ago. we broke them up. Since then his hair is oily. I have not chsnged his diet or his routine.

Asked by Member 1158702 on Mar 9th 2013 in Other Grooming

Answers

Assuming that your cat came out of the fight with no injuries and is otherwise acting OK, sometimes a stressful situation (like a catfight) will cause a cat to become stressed and stop grooming itself as often as it used to. This can cause the fur to become oily. On the chance that it is stress-related, invest in some pet wipes or even baby wipes. Use them on his body but not around his face/eyes. Brush him as often as he'll allow to distribute the oil. If it becomes worse or if his behavior changes, it's worth as least a call to his vet.