Why is my cat pooping on my bed?

I have a nearly-7 year old female cat. I adopted her about 2 years ago and until recently, never had issues with her and her litter box.

A few weeks ago, she would sometimes pee on my couch. I took her to the vet who cleared her of any medical issues and said the problem was likely behavioural. He suggested re-training her to use her litter box by isolating her in a room with her litter box.

I did so for about 5 or 6 days, and she was pretty good at using her litter box, so I let her out and put her litter box back in the usual place. She was good for another few days and then I came home one day and found poop on my bed! I cleaned the soiled linens thoroughly.

Again, she was good for another few days. This morning, I came home from work and found poop on my bed again! This is getting very frustrating. Nothing in my home has changed, her food and litter hasn't changed, and I scoop her litter box every day. Any advice?

Asked by Member 1109821 on May 8th 2012 Tagged litterbox, training, poop, soiling in Urine Marking & House Soiling

Answers

BooBear Moceri

A vet ck is in order to rule out any illness. Also have your vet ck for anal glad infection or tapeworm. These can cause inapproriate elimaniton outside the litter box. Some cats will pee in one box and use another to poop. Stress in the hosuehold (even if it's just you) can casue issues.
Cats are not vindictive so she is trying to tell you something.

BooBear Moceri answered on 5/8/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer