Why is my cat acting so different?

So I have a 4 year old cat she is fixed and is usually a very sweet and bubbly cat. Last night my mother came home from the airport and she has been different ever since. She was hiding in the kitchen behind the fridge and curled up on the couch trying to hide. Her eyes were so black. I tried to give her water and she drank a little and she ate a bit of wet food. After 20 minutes she was getting better and running around fine. But this morning she is still acting different and keeps staring into the hall like she hears something. I'm not sure what is going on. She also keeps licking her mouth like maybe a bad taste or drooling maybe? I don't know what I should do. It's Sunday and vets are not open and even then I can't afford vet bills right now. Please let me know any ideas I'm very scared.

Asked by Member 1156740 on Feb 24th 2013 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

If your mother had travelled abroad and your cat had access to her main travel bag, there may have been something on the bag from foreign climes that had upset her ie a smell or something that had attached itself to the bag from another country or whilst in transit.