why i am so worried or am just overreacting?

We are on vacation right now visting my parents this week in a different state and the cats stayed at home cause my dad dosent like animals too much. Even though we filled their food bowls, refilled their water and change their litter box i am still worried. We have someone coming to check in on them to make sure that they have enough food and water. But even with all that i am still worried that they wont have enough food and water. i miss them very much. Why am i so worried?? Is this normal or am i just overreacting???

Asked by Member 969340 on Mar 30th 2010 in Other Travel & Recreation

Answers

King

No you are not overreacting , they are like your own children . You will feel much better when you get home and see that all is well . I myself when on vacation called my loved ones ( cats ) and talked over the answering machine to them . They of course could not pick up the phone to talk back to me . But I also called my sister who was taking care of they to see how they were doing . Boy was I happy to get home to see that they were ok , but then I didn't think that my sis would do anything wrong she is quite a good person even thur she doesn't like cats .

King answered on 3/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

I agree that you are not overreacting. We worry about our babies when we can't be there. That's perfectly normal. When I go away, I hire pet sitters to take care of the cats AND I have a friend stop by every other day to check on the pet sitters and make sure the cats see a familiar face. I am always afraid that they won't show up or something and my babies will starve and have dirty litterboxes. My sitters are a very reliable company that has never messed up but I still worry. I have to travel for business next month and I have been dreading the trip because I hate to leave them. Your kitties will be fine and they will be happy to see you when you get home!

Marshall

When I leave Marshall for a weekend, I worry about him so you arent overreacting. Just check in with the people watching your cats and see that they are ok. Its perfectly normal to worry about them. Its no different than having human children. Trust me, my mom still calls to make sure I have enough food and Im almost 32. Dont be so hard on yourself.

Marshall answered on 3/30/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

You are not overreacting. You are just concerned about your babies. I am the same way when I go on vacation. Last time I left my cat with my cousin for one week. All went well, but my cousin is a little "goofy" and I kept thinking she was going to open her 2nd floor window to catch a smoke and the cat would jump out. Well, I told my cousin to go outside and smoke so I wouldn't have to worry about my cat jumping out the window, breaking her leg, or just running off to try to find me. I'm sure all is well with your cats. Try to relax and enjoy your vacation.