Shadow Madison

Why doesn't she shed much?

I was wondering why it is that Shadow doesn't shed like my first cat did. When I had Madison, you would brush her or rub your had over her and get a small clump. Shadow, who's five months, hasn't really shed much. I know it's winter but, I'm concerned that she might have a health problem or need better nutrition. I brush her and notice no hair in the brush, and there's not a lot of hair on my clothes, even though she's all over me at times. Answers much appreciated! :)

Asked by Shadow Madison on Dec 17th 2010 in Shedding

Answers

The Magnificent Seven

I know the answer! Yay! It's because kittens don't shed very much. If she's only 5 months old, she's still a pretty young kitty. You can look forward to her shedding more once she grows up. I don't have any scientific evidence for this, I'm just talking from my own experience. If you're really worried, you might ask your vet the next time you have a check-up, but I wouldn't worry about it. If she were shedding excessively, then you might have reason to be concerned.

The Magnificent Seven answered on 12/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Clarence

Hair to come! LOL I was wondering the samething about Clarence! Good question :)

Clarence answered on 12/18/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes, I agree with The Magnificent Seven's Mom. Kittens do not shed much. I was so excited when I first had Allie & Bailey. They barely shed at all and it was Summer so I was thinking maybe Persians don't shed as much. Now I have 8 of them and there's hair all over the place. And not shedding is not something to be concerned about even in and adult. The healthier they are and the better their nutrition, they should have a nice coat and would shed less.