why does the cat bite on my arm itch

my cat bite my arm and it itches why?

Asked by Member 839357 on May 24th 2009 in Professional Grooming

Answers

It may be infected. Cat bites are puncture wounds that introduce nasty germs deep into the flesh. It is advised that you go to the ER, where they will probably give you a tetanus shot and antibiotics. Cat bites are not to be taken lightly. I got bitten by my kittens a few months back, and yup, I went to the hospital and they took my wounds very seriously. Don't gamble with your health.

Chibi answered on 5/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I don't know that Professional Grooming is the best place to ask this question...

That said, it's most likely a local infection - try some basic first aid on it and keep it covered. If the site of the bite reddens or swells, consider seeing a doctor.

While it is unlikely, don't rule out Cat Scratch Disease - commonly known as Cat Scratch Fever. In the event this is diagnosed by a doctor, a simple course of antibiotics should clear it up.