Mikko

Why does my Siamese chew plastic bags?

Hi, I have a 3 yr old Siamese and he likes to chew plastic bags, when I come home from grocery's he sniffs them, then starts chewing them. I stop him when I see him do it because I am concerned. Should I be concerned or should I just let it fly?

Asked by Mikko on Jun 17th 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I read an article once that stated many plastic bags are made with a gel substance that many cats may be attracted to causing them to eat or chew them. Sounds like your cat is. Do everything you can to put the bags in a place where your cat can't get to them. They can stay in the stomach or intestines and will need to be surgically removed. The plastic is so dangerous. Please keep it away from you cat.---Ann