Whisper Addison Bullock

why does my kitten like to watch me clean his litter boxes?

I have a male short hair kitten that is 3-4 months old. I adopted him a few weeks ago. Anyways every night I scoop his poop out and he always watches me and he even sniffs the bag his poop is in. Why does he do this? Thank You.

Asked by Whisper Addison Bullock on Aug 18th 2012 Tagged litter, kitten, odd in Kittens

Answers

Charlie

Kittens can be very curious. They enjoy watching everything around them. Your lucky all he does is sniff the bag. My cat Charlie has been known to climb on in the litter box as your in mid scoop.

Charlie answered on 8/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I don't watch Mommy everytime she scoops, but I do generally watch when she REALLY cleans out my litterbox (changing the litter, new liner, etc). I'll swat at her too. Hey, she's messing with my toilet!

He may not recognize it as poop. Since he hears the rustle of the bag,he may think it's food! And Charlie is right. Izzie has been known to drop a load in one end of his box as I am cleaning the other!