Why does my kitten have red around his left eye?

My 9 week old kitten, named George just recently got some red around the rim of his eye. His eye is swollen almost shut and I am very worried. What should i do?? I dont want my baby boy in pain .

Asked by Member 1036730 on Jun 9th 2011 Tagged kittens, redeye in Health & Safety

Answers

We wish we could dispense medical advice for George across the Internet but unfortunately, it is not possible to do so. There really is no way for us to determine what's wrong and suggest any sort of treatment. George could have an infection or could have injured his eye somehow. In any case, vision is nothing to mess around with and if not treated, George could eventualy wind up blind in that eye or both. If he does not already have a vet, now is the time to find one. Most vets will accept a payment plan and I've never known of one to turn away a sick or injured animal. Good luck--purrs and kisses to George!

Eye problems are certainly nothing to mess with! Please get George to the vet ASAP for treatment. You don't want him to either lose an eye or go blind. There may be something in his eye or it could also be infected. Please get medical help ASAP. Best of luck.

Dahlia

The other posters are right. Eye infections will continue to get worse very quickly without treatment. Eye infections are very painful to cats. Your vet will likely prescribe an antibiotic ointment that your kitty will need for at least 2 weeks. Please get him in quickly as he IS in pain!

Dahlia answered on 6/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer