why does my cat pee she he is sleeping

he seems to be in a very deep sleep and twitches a lot just before he pees. this doesn't even wake him up. vets have no answer.

Asked by Member 898152 on Oct 7th 2009 Tagged sleeping, peeing, twitching in Illness & Disease

Answers

My Springer Spaniel has done the same thing since she was a puppy, and the vets don't have an answer for her, either. They gave me cranberry supplements which didn't work and then suggested surgery that might, or might not, work. I suspect that your kitty has the same problem. It's just a birth defect. It bothers us more than it bothers them. My Springer will pee a whole puddle when she's laying down and often I have to wash her "down there" because being white back there it turns yellow. It comes down to whether you want to take the chance and go to the expense of the surgery if it's even viable for a cat. Other than that, it's just something, if you love your animal, that you have to deal with.