Dean

Why does my cat keep peeing on my bed?

I always clean out her litter box.
She pees in the same spot on the bed and I don't know why.
She's perfectly healthy.

Asked by Dean on Dec 26th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

The Kitty Kommittee

Boy have you ticked off your cat!!! She is seriously mad at you over something. First thing you need to do is wash the bedding and use a urine remover on the mattress if the urine has leaked to that point. It would be a good idea to get a plastic mattress cover at this point as it might take a bit to figure out what the matter is. Also for the time being ban Kitty from your bedroom.
What changes have happened in your life recently? Get a new rommate? have one move out? switch litters from what she is used to? Change her food? Hope you figure it out, Good Luck.

The Kitty Kommittee answered on 12/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

You may think she's perfectly healthy, but unless the vet says she is, then you don't know for sure. She may have some physical or medical problem that is causing this, and peeing on your bed may be her way of trying to tell you that she doesn't feel well. Take her to the vet; if she gets a clean bill of health, then it's a behavioral problem caused by some sort of stress. There is a lot of information on the web about solving litter box issues.

Mr D - D'boat #19

Monster has a point I peed on the human when she was in bed. Luckily for me she didn't tell me off she just said, Oh no I think it's time for the vet. She knew it was unlike me and sure enough I had a UTI. I've never done it again, so the human was right, it was me telling her I had a problem. But then, I hope it hasn't become a habit for your kitty.
And like the first post said you could be getting told off, or claimed.

Mr D - D'boat #19 answered on 12/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer