why does my cat hit me when i walk pass him ??

Asked by Member 1153235 on Feb 2nd 2013 in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

When cats play, it almost always a stalking game. This is probably what your cat is doing to you. But since there's a possibility he could do it to a child or an elderly person and cause injury,you should not tolerate it. Get yourself a can of that "spray air" keyboard cleaner (I got mine at CVS), a soda can with pennies taped inside, or even a spray bottle of water. Deliberately walk past him and when he darts at your feet, shake the soda can or aim the air or water spray over his back and say, loudly (but don't shriek) "NO!" After a few times he will begin to associate his behavior with an unpleasant reaction from you and stop. You should also never play with or tease him with your feet or hands as this encourages him to see your feet as toys.