Why does my cat eat all my yoga pants

I have a kitten whom I've had sine 4 weeks she is 3 months Now. But she has eaten every pair of yoga pants I own, also a pair of underwear. Please how do I get her to stop. Why does she do this. She hasn't ruined any of my boyfriends cloths.

Asked by Member 1135304 on Oct 11th 2012 Tagged eatingmypants in Separation Anxiety

Answers

The eating of non-food items is called "Pica". It can have a number of causes. If your cat has not been to the vet, she needs to go. There are health issues in cats that cause eating non-food items. This can be dangerous as, if she swallows any of the fabric, it can cause a blockage in her intestines and ultimately prove fatal. She may be attracted to the scent of your clothes,looking for more attention, she may be bored, or by now, if she's done this for 2 months, it could be a habit. I would be extra careful to put the things you know she likes to chew on in a closet and close the door.

my cat did this when i got her as a kitten. she would sck r lick and chew any fabric she could get at. our vet told ur he did this because sh wasa missing her mother, and bcause she was no weaned completely, she was attempting to nurse. she thought that it was her mom! after sucking and licking, chew started to chew, probably because she really wanted the milk!!!!!! hen the cat does this, ry to hold her and cuddleher, an let her know your her new "mommy"