why do my kitten licks and sucks my blanket

Asked by Member 863212 on Aug 1st 2009 Tagged sucksmyblanket in Kittens

Answers

Spot

The reason to that question is your kitten wants to suckle if you get a kitten bottle from a place like petsmart and put milk in it (only if your kittens mom isn't with the kitten though)and theres the answer to your question hope it works!

Spot answered on 8/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It sounds like he is trying to nurse from the blanket. How old is your kitten? They are weaning at 6-8 weeks. Some cats will continue this behavior longer because it just makes them feel better (like a child sucking their thumb). I have a cat that still did things like this until he was a year and a half. It doesn't cause any problems.

Biscuit

I agree with some of the previous answers about kittens sucking because they want milk, but it could continue on later in life. It's not a bad thing.. they do it for comfort, like they do when they lick their tails.. because they think or are reminded of the comfort of their mothers.
Hope this helped.
x-dori & biscuit. :]

Biscuit answered on 8/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer