Milly

Why do I wake up daddy but not mommy?

My daddy and mommy are not living together yet, but there are some nights that daddy stays the night and I will always wake him up at random times. I don't do it to mommy ever. He seems to be tired in the morning, and I want him to have a good night sleep. What can I do?

Asked by Milly on Jan 8th 2013 Tagged sleepwakingup in Other Behavior & Training

Best Answer

Are you maybe a little upset that someone other than you is in the bed with your mommy? If Daddy plays a lot with you and you really love him, are you waking him up because you want him to play with you some more? When he stays, does Daddy feed you and brush you? Does Daddy snore and do you think something's wrong? If you are alone all day, when nighttime comes, you are "ready to go!" Maybe as a late Christmas present, Dad and Mom could get you one of those carpeted "cat trees" to play on during the day? Dad can also keep a spray bottle by the bed and when you get antsy, he can spray your paws. That's kinda mean, but it doesn't hurt and you won't like it and maybe leave him alone. Mom or Dad can also put a cup of dry food in your bowl before they go to bed so you'll have a snack. If Dad gets you too excited by playtimes right before you go to bed, you might be too "wound up" to relax.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Jan 8th.

There Are No Other Answers