which vaccines does my "formerly" stray 1 month old kitten need?

I found my kitten in an alley about 2 months ago and she was 4 or 5 weeks old then. She hasn't had any vaccines yet just her ears cleaned and a bath [both at home] I know she is free of fleas and ticks but I need to know what specific shots she needs and the prices. Thank you!

Asked by Member 1128268 on Aug 29th 2012 Tagged vaccines, prices, vets in Medications

Answers

The minimum recommended is rabies and distemper. Rabies is usually required by law in most areas. Distemper is a 3 in one or 4 in one vaccine that also protects against herpes and calici virus which can cause severe upper respiratory infections. If kitty will be going outside or may have contact with strange cats, feline leukemia is recommended. She will need to be tested for feline leukemia and feline aids (FeLV and FIV). She will also need a fecal exam and deworming.