Sasa

Where to spay my kitten in Ensenada, Mexico?

Hi I have a 4 month old female domestic short hair, named Sasa, I took her in from a friend of a friend whose cat had had a litter.

It's about that time to get her spayed. But here is the problem.

I just moved to Ensenada, Mexico, which is where Sasa was born. One thing I have noticed about Mexico is that it is very rare to have an only indoor cat.

In fact, most cats here are 95% outdoor, just coming in for food or when the weather is really bad. For this reason, cats are usually not fixed, and they get pregnant and have 2 or 3 litters before meeting an untimely death by car, dog, or other horrible thing. The kittens are left as strays and usually don't survive.

I never want this to happen to Sasa, that is why she is indoor only.

I just don't know where I can get her spayed. She's never been to a vet and I don't know where one is and how much it costs.

Anyone familiar with Baja California vets that can offer a recommendation in Ensenada, Rosarito, or Tijuana?

Thanks!

Asked by Sasa "Sassie" De La Cruz on Feb 9th 2013 Tagged kitten, spay, mexico, scared in Spaying & Neutering

Answers

Good grief! It doesn't sound like a very good place for cats (and probably dogs) to live! Sasa needs to go to a vet for vaccinations, testing for those horrid kitty diseases and as you said, spaying. If there happens to be an animal shelter or rescue group in your area, contact them. They will have information on where you can go. You can also contact the ASPCA or Humane Society of the United States and ask if they know of any organizations in your area. If you have any friends who are as responsible a cat owner as you are, ask them if they know of any vets, but if you go to a clinic and it is dirty and nasty looking, grab Sasa and run, don't walk, out. You can also log on to www.petfinder.com where there are lists of shelters all over the country. Good luck! Sasa is a doll!