where can i get a cat or kitten???

which adoption center,Where is the adoption center,and how?

Asked by Member 783584 on Dec 26th 2008 in The Adoption Process

Answers

Look in your local phone book for a local Human Society or Animal Shelter where you can go rescue a cat or kitten! You could also look in the newspaper for adds from the Humane Society- most newpapers often have "pets of the week", one chosen cat and one chosen dog chosen to increase their chances of being adopted by putting them in the public newspaper. Also, check with your local petstore, they can recommend good places to get a kitten!

Good luck!

Minxy (1987-2008)

Also check the Adoption tab on Catster and you can search for adoptable pets close to your home. Both rescue groups and individual have cats offered for adoption and you can see pictures and details for each cat.

Minxy (1987-2008) answered on 12/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Levi

go to this website and you can type in your zipcode. It will bring up some shelters. go to www.petfinder.com

Levi answered on 12/27/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Petfinder.com is the best site I've found for adopting animals. Many local rescues (the one I volunteered for included) post their animals on this site complete with an honest description (gets along with dogs, cats, kids, etc. or maybe does not.) There is usually also a photo of the cat. You can also access your local shelters/rescues through this site.

Kali

My calico kitty became a mom last night 1/8/2009 of 7 new kitties. They will be ready in 7 weeks & could be picked out in about 7 days. I will post a picture as soon as I get one. My e-mail is clebioda@bellsouth.net.
Kali is not the mom.

Ms. Lucy Lebioda - 14 month old Calico

Kali answered on 1/8/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer