whats wrong with my friends kittens?

my friend got two kittens from a pet store, one for her boyfriend one for her,. her kitten ozzy, died last month. we was healthy until one week he started coughing and falling over. he couldnt stand or raise his head, he acted as if he were drunk. this lasted 2 days then he got better. started walking and eating. then 2 days later my friend found him dead under her bed. we took him to the vet to get cremated. she recently got a new kitten for herself a little 4-5 month old calico named venus. venus had a small kennel cold which we got medicine for her. ,y friend went out of town for a few days and left venus in her boyfriends care, when she came home venus was very sick, just like ozzy she couldnt walk or hold her head up. she was just limp. her ears were bruised and her eye was red. we took her to the vet and the vet said her eye looks like she had been strangled, and they did tests they gave her antibiotics but she isnt getting any better. she wont eat or use the litter box or even sit up on her own. i dont know what to do , why are both of my friends cats doing this and how can i prevent venus from dying like ozzy

Asked by Member 1142378 on Nov 26th 2012 in Health & Safety

Answers

I am so sorry that you and your friends are going through this trauma. If all the kittens came from the same store/litter, they are most likely all infected with the same thing. It could be FeLV, FIP or any other of a bunch of diseases kittens get. The cold might not have been a cold but the start of the disease/decline of the cats. Venus needs to go back to the vet and be tested for these diseases and if any of them are positive, you need to contact the pet store who's selling the kittens and even possibly a local shelter to make sure something is done. If the tests are negative, Venus still needs to be at the vet receiving care. It could be any number of things and there's no way we can guess or diagnose her through a computer. She needs constant veterinary supervision. Good luck! I hope it all works out OK.