Whats the best litter to use?

I hate the smell of the litter box. What is the best litter out there? And where can I buy one of those hidden litter box things?

Thanks

Asked by Member 839958 on May 28th 2009 in Odor Eliminators

Answers

Dr Fosters & Smith has several hidden litterboxes. www.drsfostersmith.com
And the best litter is World's Best Cat litter. It clumps really well, it's made of corn so it's all natural and it does not smell like litter but controls odor really well. (scoop daily) There's a link to a $3 coupon here on Catster. But on the flip side of that statement, my cats do not like it and they prefer Tidy Cats Scoop. When changing litters I always give them a choice in one of their boxes first to see if they will use it. The last thing I need is 5 cats peeing on the floor because i picked the wrong litter. So as much as I like the other litter, my cats get the Tidy Cats. Also good on odor but it's made of clay.

Delilah

swheatscoop.com
www.felinepine.com

These are the two I prefer. One plus to swheatscoop is that it is flushable...feline pine has a nice pine aroma that attacks the kitty mess smell, and both clump fantastically!

Delilah answered on 5/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Sabre

World's Best is very good. It cuts all smell and clumps nicely but I found my younger kitty eating it.
I really Arm and Hammer because it clumps well too and it hides all smell. I use it in a Multi Cat home and you can't smell a thing.

Sabre answered on 5/29/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Bastion

I prefer Yesterday's News because it is more absorbent, does not track, has zero smell, and is dust-free.

Bastion answered on 6/15/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Marshall

I can tell you what NOT to use....I had horrible luck with World's Best Litter, it does not control odor at all. It clumps well and is natural which I like but my entire house smelled like wet cardboard. Also, don't use Cat's Pride. It's way too dusty, I hate the thought of them breathing that in. I like the Arm and Hammer clumping litters for odor control. I haven't found anything I love yet. I've tried it all and am about to give up. I think I will try feline pine next but we will see.

Marshall answered on 2/16/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer