Angel

What's the best cat litter for my cat?

Lately, my cat's been urinating alot and the litter we normally use smells even worse if she urinates in it-even if I just cleaned it! It's starting to get annoying, especially when people come over. What's the best cat litter?

Asked by Angel on May 31st 2009 Tagged bestcatlitter in Odor Eliminators

Answers

The World's Best Cat Litter (there's a coupon for $3 off here on Catster) It's made from ground corn and it clumps really well. It's all natural so it's really safe and when I tried it, when I scooped, the smell reminded me of breakfast cereal and I did not smell urine at all. However, whatever you do try, I would recommend continuing to use the old stuff in another box until you are sure she likes it. Cats will often protest a change by peeing someplace else. My girls actually did not like the WBCL and they just used the other boxes containing Tidy Cat's Scoop Multi Cat instead. I wish they would use the corn and not the clay but they get what they want. The Tidy Cats works really well for clumping and odor as well. I would just prefer not to use clay. The natural products are healthier. I also tried Feline Pine Scoop. They didn't like it much and it's like sawdust so they tracked it from one end of my house to the other.

Have you had your baby checked for an infection? I know that in humans, an infection can make the urine smell strong. I'd take her in and have her tested.