What works really good at picking up cat hair?

I`m an indoor only 10 month old kitty, but lately I`ve been shedding lots of hair. I know it`s because the weather is getting really nice here in Canada.

But I`m shedding fur everywhere! My hooman mommy brushes my hair every day, but I still shed.

Besides lugging out the heavy vacuum cleaner every day, is there anything she can use that removes cat hair off of clothes & furniture?

Thank you for you replies.

Asked by Member 1003304 on May 8th 2011 Tagged sheddingfur, brushingfur in Home Grooming

Answers

Unfortunately, having a cat means there are unavoidable things one has to deal with. Scooping is one. Shedding is another. I cut down on daily fur blitzing by keeping a brush Delilah and Izzie will tolerate next to my easy chair. Even if I just brush each for a few minutes a few times an evening, it does help. I also purchased the smallest, lightest Shop-Vac brand vacuum available. I believe it is just 2.5 gallon. This vacuum is wonderful at picking up the silky fur that both my cats leave behind on floors and furniture. There is also a small, disposable pet hair remover availble in the grocery--the name of which escapes me at the moment, "pet hair eraser" or something like that, that works on clothing and furniture as well. The sticky rollers also work. I also have a sign near my sofa, that says "If you don't want fur on your clothing, stay off the couch...!"

I have 9 long haired cats shedding all over the place (and one super sheddy dog) and my absolute favorite thing for taking hair off the furniture and my bedspread is the Pledge Fabric Sweeper for pet hair. It is about $5 at places like Wal Mart or Target. It works soooo well. You are supposed to throw it out once the plastic thing fills up with hair but I just use the vacuum hose to suck it all out when it fills up and I have been using the same one for 2 years. For clothes I like the Scotch lint roller. It has sticky sheets on a roll with a handle. I hand it to all my guests before they leave if they have held the cats. I even have one in my car.

Sorrel

ok I have the same problem and i am a Maine coon witch means i have a three layer coat but here is what my owner did to help me

1. she got a furminator deshedder and they work wonders and if you want the shedding to stop you need to give this a try you can get it at any pet store and seriously they really work
2. get the pledge pet hair picker uper and don't get the one with the yellow brisles it doesnt work get the blue one that has like carpet on the bottom of it that you move back and fourth

I hope that helps and really they both work really well:D

Sorrel answered on 5/31/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer