What to do with my cat that is peeing all over??

My cat is 8yrs old nutered and front declawed. He recently started peeing all over. I took him to the vet to have test run and there is nothing wrong with him. No changes that have occured so I do not understand any of this. Scared to take him to the pound but also scared to make him a 247 out door cat. Cleaned out my sons toy closet which is very big and there was pee all over his toys. Cannot hang curtains up any more because he pees all over them. Cannot take this any more,please give me some in put. He is ruining everything in the house! Leaning towards outside cat even though I hate to do..

Asked by Member 1113356 on May 30th 2012 in Behavior & Training

Answers

Cinnamon

My mom used to have two cats that peed everywhere when they got really old. (15-16 yrs old) It was from old age because as you get older, you can't really control what your bladder does. Hope this helps

Cinnamon answered on 5/30/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

8 is not very old for an indoor cat. Has anything changed that might be upseting him? New brand of litter? New litter box? Did you move the box? Any new pets or babies in the family? Change in your work schedule or daily routine? Often times when this happens, the cat is stressed about something...

Good info about litter box issues at thehappylitterbox.com, catsinternational.org, and the cat pages at about.com. As Linus says, stressed cats often pee outside the box as way of trying to reassure themselves, kind of like a kid sucking his thumb. Cats mark territory to say "this is mine, everything's fine." Recommend a feline behavior consultant.

Are you totally sure that nothing has changed & you aren't forgetting about something? It could be that someone visited who upset him or something else that you might not think of.