Timmy

What should name my newly found kitten?

I was driving with my husband on our way home and we saw a tiny lttle kitten like a month old n the street. It's a boy, he came straight to me and he cries like crazy for attention. We decided to keep him sooo I wanna know what to name him. He's got tabby pattern with the colors gray, and black and a little brown... help please! :)

Asked by Timmy on Jun 7th 2012 in Other Kittens

Answers

God bless you and your husband for giving this poor little guy a chance at a good life and forever home! Do make certain you take him to a vet as soon as you can for a well-kitty exam, vaccinations and neutering when it's time. If the kitten is that young, he should probably still be nursing if he doesn't want solid food. Go to your local "big box" pet store and tell them you need kitten nursing supplies. Then ask the vet how to go about it. If he's weaned, make sure you feed him kitten food as adult food is too strong. The vet can advise you on all this. As for a name, do you have any favorite singers, authors, books, songs, poems, television/movie characters, etc? My Izzie is named after Izzie who used to be on Grey's Anatomy, but he's a boy, so he's Izadore. Lizzie looks like a combo of Izzie and another cat I had, Lily Rose. Delilah's brother was Samson. There are also websites with pet names on them. Make his "call name" easy to understand. Thank you again!

Sheba

i always thought that Piffle or Peepers is a nice name!
We are going to call our kitten Piffle. I hope I don't seem to obnoxious!

Sheba answered on 6/10/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Personally I love unusual names or names from Greek mythology most. Some names you might consider for boys are: Achilles, Admiral, Atlas, Frodo, Gizmo, Godzilla, Ulysses, Prometheus, Odysseus, Perseus, Houdini, Hunter, Link, Nemo, Zeus, Striker, Ace, Blaze, Sparky, Dreamer, Shadow, Harley, Hurricane, Rocco, Pixel,etc.