What should I feed my cat?

Ive got a 15 year old female neutered cat. she has had some teeth removed, and within the last 6 months, she has lost 1kg. Currently she weighs 2kg.
I am not sure what to feed her as I have only just got her from one of my friends who unfortunately couldnt look after her anymore.
any suggestions would be greatful.

Asked by Member 1153569 on Feb 4th 2013 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Wow, it is very unfortunate that this cat was given away at such a ripe old age. She is very underweight and definitely should be seen by a veterinarian ASAP. What did the former owner feed her? If they gave you food for her, keep her on that same food until the vet checks her out. Your vet will recommend a good premium cat food (probably dry and can) based on your cat's age and nutritional requirements. Please get her to the vet sooner rather than later. Best of luck with kitty. Please take good care of her in her golden years.