Tigger

What should I do for my cat's 1st birthday?

My cat Tigger is turning 1 on Febuary 9th, which also happens to be the same birthday as my daughter who is turning 8. I already got my daughter's party planned out, but what do I do for TIgger? I don't want to do anything too big, but is there such thing as a cat birthday cake? Which cat's can eat? I want to plan the purrfect birthday for my cat.

Asked by Tigger on Feb 2nd 2013 Tagged birthday, cake, recipes, party in Books & Entertainment

Answers

Keep in mind that Tigger is a cat, not a fur covered toddler. February 9th will be a day like all the rest for her. Chances are, if you are having a party for your daughter with a number of 8 years olds, Tigger will spend the time hiding, so a "co-party" probably wouldn't be a good idea. It may be better to celebrate Tigger's party before or after your daughter's party. Involve your daughter and any other children you have in Tigger's "party". Let them make decorations and even toys for Tigger. You can find ideas for very simple cat toys and even recipes for cat-friendly cakes and treats on the Internet through google. You can also search your city directory for bakeries which cater to pets, or check the internet for pet bakeries who would mail out a cake for you.

Nathanial Patrick

Well, first of all, you've got to start out with a great cake, just like you said. Depending on where you live, many places have specialty home-made treats for pets, and also, I'm certain that you can Google for pet bistros and get all kind of leads. Above all, you want to make sure that new food is kept to a minimum, so she doesn't end up spending her b-day night throwing up all over the house.

And there are a billion wonderful cat toys. And again,with the net, you have a front seat to every pet product vender in the country. Also, I have a friend that has a cat blog, and so whenever anybody is having a birthday party, she invites all the kitties friends to attend, virtually. You know that you've GOT to have great games. The all-time favorite is THoE, which stands for Thundering Herd of Elephants, best played at 3am up and down the stairs continually. Use your imagination. There is no limit to the fun you all could have. But also, be aware that kitties can only handle so much stress.

Nathanial Patrick answered on 12/12/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer