What over the counter medicine can I put on an open wound?

My golden child, Dobby James, recently became an inside/outside cat. He's adapted very well to the change and we have noticed he is back to being himself after our recent move from our old apartment (his first home). However today after coming home from work I noticed he had a very bad cut in between his claws on his back right paw. THE HORROR! I haven't been able to fully inspect him, he's eating at the moment, but I'd like to know what I can put on his wound to keep it from getting infected and help it heal faster. The quicker the answer the better, it doesn't seem to be slowing him down but the thought of him being in any pain breaks my heart. Also what can I do to keep him happy inside while he heals? He really loves being outside.

Asked by Member 1113950 on Jul 10th 2012 in Medications

Answers

Nika

I hope you got the cut cleaned out and tried to wrap up his paw. Right in between the paws, infection can easily occur. If it is still healing up I'd keep it flushed out with clean water. If it is scabbing over you can put a little neosporin on it.

Nika answered on 7/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer