What litter can you suggest for my cats?

I've tried Tidy Cat and Scoop Away and the litter keeps sticking to the sides of the litter box and just makes a mess. If they pee in the middle of the box, it is fine and scoops up fine, but it is just when the pee on the side.

Asked by Member 646844 on Jun 26th 2008 in Pet Products

Answers

why dont you try cat box liners. it's so much easier. when it's time to change litter you just pick up the plastic liner and throw it away. they keep the box clean which i like cause i hate taking the box outside and hosing it out.

Philbert

I use "world's best litter" and I really like it so far. Ive star started using it over scoop away cause Phil was tracking it everywhere and its ospposed to not stick to them so much i think. But theother poster has a good point! any littler is not going to help if your cat doesn't pee on it.

I think i might invest in some liners actually. thats a good idea.

Also, a little trick i used of Phils get some poo or pee on the wall is kind of cover in some litter and itll absorb what it can and harden, and then it's much easier to get off the wall.

Philbert answered on 6/26/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I use Tidy Cat Small Spaces and Oscar likes the consistency just fine.

What I do to keep the litter from "sticking' is to line the bottom of the box with a layer of baking soda and then putting a layer of the litter on top. Keeps the box cleaner.

I've tried every name brand on the market. Considering cost, health and effectiveness, I chose Sweatscoop because it's made from pure wheat and does not contain harsh perfume. Alone, Sweatscoop does not control odor; however when used with Arm & Hammer Litter Freshener with Baking Soda, odor is not a problem. I sprinkle Arm & Hammer evenly on the bottom of the litter box before putting the litter in. This helps keep the clumping litter from sticking to the pan. During cleanings, I just move the litter away from the bottom and sprinkle fresh Arm & Hammer again. I'm very happy with the results of using these two products together.

Simba

Hi,
The best brand for my cats is yesterday's news. It is the best I have tried. It is cleaner, fresher, and no dust. It makes it easier to clean litter box. I love it! You can get it at the supermarket or pet stores.
I was using a clumping litter but when one of my cats had surgery the vet suggested Yesterday's News as it is softer so that stitches wouldn't be harmed. Well, I loved the stuff! I highly recommend it. I think it's the best on the market. Plus right now they include a coupon in every bag and I am using them. Give it a try! I think you'll be impressed.

Simba answered on 6/28/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Desmond Clyde

While the others listed the all natural, safer for kittens and there delicate lungs brands, which is great, but they stink and don't clump that well. So if you want the all time best clumping litter that controls odor then it has to be Ever Clean. Hands down! There is also a litter box spray that you can spray along the inside of the cat box, let it dry and then add the litter and it is supposed to prevent the sticking.

Desmond Clyde "Dizzy" answered on 7/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Have you tried Fresh Step Scoop. I find it to be very good.

Digit

I love Yesterday's News as well. It barely tracks at all and is dust-free.

Digit answered on 6/6/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Sydney

i am having the same delima. i used to use fresh step but since they went to boxes and not pails anymore it seems to be very dustier than before. and doesnt clumps well. i honestly only bought it for the paw points! i am not a daily scooper so yesturday we bought worlds best. i am learly though cause misty is alot picker than sydney. i heard great things with worlds best i am hoping it works. i also use litter box liners. GOOD LUCK :)

Sydney answered on 6/12/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Earl Grey

I've been using Feline Pine Clumping for my kittens, and so far it works fine.

Earl Grey answered on 6/12/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

AnnaBelle

For a long time we used Arm and Hammer, but then the combination of two of our cat's pee turned it into a muddy cement mixture - even if it was scooped within 5 minutes. Then we tried feline pine- and it did the same type of thing. We switched to tidy cats for small spaces and did not look back. Although we have also used the tidy cats 24/7 performance also and it works great.

You may need to try a differnt type of litter box.
Also make sure your amount of litter is not too deep or too shallow.
If you use scooping litter, scoop it every day and replace with at least a scoop of fresh litter. This helps to prevent the sticking.
Also after washing the pan, get the bottom and sides a little bet moist and sprinkle lots of baking soda to cover the sides and bottom. Then after the cats have used the box the cat litter seems to come off much easier- as well as smell better.
dont use the perfumed kind, the plain old baking soda works just great.

AnnaBelle answered on 6/16/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

(My Angel) Colette

We found that nothing works better than World's Best with the kitty allergy diarrhea problems we have here. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that they scoop the litter over the wet spot and wait for the pees and poos to dry. When it's dry we scrape the caked refuse off the side of the box.

The litter is pricey, but it stays clean longer than any of the other brands we've tried.

It also doesn't get stuck to coats and paws. And even if it did, it's made of corn so we don't have to worry about our crew injesting it.

(My Angel) Colette answered on 8/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Having 3 cats has made me try lots of different brands and I find that Johnny Cat with the enzymes works very well in clumping and smell. And as far as cleaning the box bar none the best thing I bought was the nestled straining box these have a inner unit with built in straining grate in the bottom it goes in before the litter To empty just lift to have your clumps in that container, remove it dump the litter hose it off to clean any nastiness left place it in the second base container and dump litter from the previous box. Repeat daily or bi daily, I use the jumbo ones their extra deep as well as long and wide filled with about 20 lbs of clumping litter that I change out about every two months or so adding more to replace the used amount. They love them with them using either of the 2 boxes. Add enough and there's almost no sticking to the bottom. I use about 6 inches in each box to avoid any digging to the grate I have tried both with or without covers my 1 LARGE cat likes uncovered.

Trooper

World's Best Cat Litter! I have tried a gajillion different litters... I still try new things that come on the market, but they have to also satisfy my standards...100% natural and Biodegradable.

I have tried the recycled newspaper ones, pine ones and other varieties of natural products... nothing compares to WORLD'S BEST!

It is clumping (easy to remove urine balls, none of the sticking to the walls of the box, like paste as I have found with many other "natural" products), 100% biodegradable made of corn cob. So...when they clean themselves... I know that the corn cob will pass without causing tumors or other scary problems that I think may be caused by silicate litters. Also... I just keep adding to the box... for about a month...
Good Luck!

The extra strength also contains chlorophyll, which usually is a little more expensive like a dollar... but i don't really notice a difference. I have been using it for at least 5 or more years.

www.worldsbestcatlitter.com

Trooper answered on 2/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Marshall

I have found Tidy Cats Small Spaces works the best. Low dust, controls odor well and clumps well. The worst was Worlds Best Litter because it made my place smell like a circus. It was horrible! I like the medium sized clay litter, the finer litter is very dusty and that makes me nervous. I have also found Winn Dixie Store Brand clumping is good. Low dust and unscented. Tidy Cats deoderizer is good too, just sprinkle it in and it controls odor great.

Marshall answered on 4/16/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer