What is thing on my cat??

My cat got into a fight with another male. He was laying about the house for about 3 days in pain. Now that he's walking around now I found this huge lump on him. It feels like there's some sort of liquid in there. It hurts him when I touch it. I waited a couple if days to see if it would go away but it didn't. I was wondering what I should do. Do I needle it or ice it or wait it out more? What do I do?

Asked by Member 1151589 on Jan 23rd 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

Hunter

It's probably a minor infection that has turned into an abscess, the fluid you are feeling is most likely a build up of puss. Your cat must be seen by a vet who can lance the abscess and provide antibiotics for him. I can't stress this enough, take him to a VETERINARIAN!

Hunter answered on 1/23/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

leave it

Napoleon

Oh my gosh, please take your cat to the vet. The vet will deal with it in the necessary way.
You are not qualified to do anything in this situation, and any attempt can make things much worse.
Please take your cat to the vet.

Napoleon answered on 1/24/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer