What is the best wet food to feed your cats?

I have 4 cats. I currently feed them dry Solid Gold Cat food. My 2yr old Bengal just had an intestinal blockage which he passed. Now he will not eat the dry food. What brand of wet food is the most appetizing for kitties? My other 3 love the dry food but I may start feeding them wet just to give them more moisture.

Asked by Member 1130275 on Sep 11th 2012 Tagged food, wetfood in Food & Nutrition

Answers

It depends on the cat. Some cats like pate food, some prefer chunky wet food. You need to experiment with different flavors too. Me personally, I like Best Feline Friend, Fussie Cat, Earthborn & a few others. These are higher quality foods, but they are also harder to find.

IMHO, the best wet cat food is whatever they'll eat. On occasion, if it's on sale, I will even purchase Starkist tuna cups for mine (they're lunch sized) and split it between the 3 of them once a week. We do have a forum here on Catster about food, but sometimes it gets confusing and argumentative. My cats have Purina One down all the time and they each get 1/3 of a can of Fancy Feast twice a day. They're happy, the vet's happy and I'm happy, so like I said, as long as it's not their whole diet, it's whatever they'll eat and whatever you can afford. To keep them hydrated, I purchased a cat-sized electric "Drinkwell" fountain for them which sits by their food. There's also a large one on the floor for the dogs which they also drink out of. Delilah prefers a bowl, so I keep one of those filled also.

Ramsey

I too have 4 cats. Getting them all to agree on an appropriate wet food is sometimes a challenge! Mine are on a 90% wet to 10% dry diet. Their wet foods are primarily from the Nutro Max Cat and Nutro Natural Choice lines but I buy other premium brands to give them additional texture and flavor choices. You can find info on them here at www.nutro.com Do some research on different brands and you will be able to come up with informed choices which fit within your budget. Of the two mentioned above, the Nutro Max is the more economical of the 2. All of my cats love it and both are premium brands.

Ramsey answered on 9/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer