What is the best brand of cat food out there, that is not too expensive, and doesn't make their poop smell so bad?

Asked by Member 1027266 on Mar 20th 2011 in Pet Food

Answers

Food can be a pretty heated topic here! My advice is to feed the best you can afford. Grain free if possible. Many also feel that canned food is better for cats due to the increased water content. As carnivores and hunters, wild/feral cats get most of their water from eating their prey. Cats do not have a high thirst mechanism and do not drink enough water on a strictly dry food diet.

As far as the litterbox smell... scoop the box at least once a day and completely dump the box and clean with bleach once a month. Try to have at least one box per cat. Use the best litter you can afford. I use Dr. Elsey's Precious Cat Ultra scoopable litter for multiple cats and my cats and I are very happy with that brand.