Sterling

What is his breed?

I adopted Sterling from a local shelter a few months ago and I have been curious as to what his breed could be. The cage he was in said he was a Persian mix, but his papers stated he was a Russian Blue. I've been researching and stumbled upon the Nebelung. The images I have seen look exactly like him for the most part (some showed cats with shorter fur or light grey fur than he has, though). Everything I have read about their personalities and tendencies describes him perfectly. I just have a hard time believing he could really be a Nebelung as I have read they are expensive/hard to come by. I can supply more pictures if necessary!

Asked by Sterling on Dec 6th 2012 Tagged nebelung, greycat in Breeds

Answers

Sassy

Nebelung! Even from the thumbnail I knew that's what he was. The shelter probably didn't take a lot of time looking into a specific breed and chose something common to write. Russian Blue's have short hair. Nebe's are expensive to buy if you want a pure one but a lot of mixed cats can look like one and act just like them too if the genetics from a nebe are still strong. From what it sounds like you found a good one :) I fostered a nebelung and she was incredibly sweet; they have awesome personalities.

Sassy answered on 12/6/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Ace

I see some traditional Persian mix.

Ace answered on 12/7/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer