What breed could my cat be?

We bought our two cats from the animal shelter about 10 months ago. They are both almost 12 months old. One has almost stopped getting any bigger while the other one continues to keep growing. He is now 5.5kg (13.75lbs) and is getting bigger and bigger. he is not fat at all very slim just getting bigger in size. At the moment he is about 76cm long including the tail and about 28 cm tall (he is bigger then our dog). HE is obviously a mixed breed cat but he is a medium hair and has big feet compared to our other cat. Do mixed breed cats normally get this big? Do you know when they stop growing?

Asked by Member 870536 on Aug 24th 2009 in Domestic Medium Hair

Answers

If the cat has any Maine Coon (go to www.cfa.org and look at photos of MC cats.) I've heard they continue to grow for 5 years. Izzie is a Maine Coon mix and I can see that he is still growing at the age of 3. My daughter also has a very large male cat who is a Tuxedo (black and white) who probably has no Maine Coon in him. He's just a big cat. Most mixed breed cats or "moggies" have a very large Family Tree with lots of limbs and branches and leaves. Why don't you join Catster and post some photos? It would be easier for us to help you guess about some of those branches if we could see photos!