Tiger

Urine cleaner that works

I've used countless urine cleaners that claim to stop the cat from marking in the same place but none have worked. I've used ones that you can buy in the store and ones you can buy online - no help. I've tried too many to list and honestly, I don't remember their names. Anybody have any solutions?

Asked by Tiger on Nov 1st 2011 in Odor Eliminators

Best Answer

With 5 animals in the house, including 2 senior dogs and 3 cats, I've also dealt with this issue. At one point, when our home was on the market and people were remarking upon the animal odors in the house, we even replaced our carpeting. Some products work better than others, but I'm convinced there is no "miracle" product on the market despite claims to the contrary. With the Natures Miracle and Simple Solution products, it's important to follow the directions on the bottle, including leaving the solution on the stain long enough to give it a chance to work. I have finally decided that my only option is to keep my Steam-Vac plugged in near the spots my animals use and if I catch them, scrub almost before they walk away. I also use professional cleaning companies about every 6 wks. Another (cheaper) option is to rent a cleaner from someplace like Lowes (about $25 a day) and do it yourself. If the urine has soaked through to the padding/floor beneath, topical cleaning will not work.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Nov 2nd.

There Are No Other Answers