Cooper D.

Update Cooper didnt make it he died sometime last night

the vets are talking it over and deciding what he died from they told us that he died from a scrotum and or rectal infection the puss mainly came from his scrotum as they were cleaning he was bleeding internally from his rectal area the vet that we went to was thinking that when he was neutored some how something was contaminated and thats how he got the infection the vet that neutored him did it in a trailor we trusted him to have a steral area but we didnt see the area they said it was very clean but who knows it might not have been so there is your update on Cooper he also has a diary entery that you can get same information he is buried next to Tigger,Cidney,Trooper,Sweat pea, and merlin our past cats who died about maybe 9 to 10 years ago

Asked by Cooper D. on Apr 5th 2011 in News & Events

Best Answer

We're so sorry to hear that Cooper didn't make it. The circumstances under which he passed away are very concerning to me. Even if Cooper was an outside cat, unless he was actually sitting in dirt or trash for hours, his surgery site shouldn't have gotten that badly infected so quickly. Izzie was neutered at a low cost spay/neuter clinic and he was fine. This isn't something that happens much or should happen at all. When you are feeling better, call a local vet if you don't have one of your own and ask them how to proceed. There are watchdog veterinary groups and this clinic who did the netuer needs to be investigated. If you had other animals at this same clinic, watch them like a hawk to make sure they're OK. Again, you have our sympathy.

Izadore (Izzie) answered on Apr 6th.

Answers

I am so sorry for your loss! I too lost my 18-year old cat just two weeks ago from cancer. It is a difficult time right now for you. Unfortunately, it sounds as though Cooper got an infection and was "septic". I would certainly have your regular veterinarian follow up on the cause of Cooper's death. The trailer vet (or whoever) needs to be investigated. There may have been other deaths in the past that you are unaware of. If a sterile environment was not used, your cat could have contracted a staph infection of some sort which took his life. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet Cooper. Just try to take comfort in knowing that he is now over the Rainbow Bridge with your other cats. He is in heaven now and is free of any pain. God bless you for giving him a good life!

Callie Rainbow Bridge 3/11/201

So so so sorry for your loss!! I recently lost my little Callie RIP (3/11/11). Rest in peace little fellow....you were such a handsome love. My condolences go out to you. I hope whoever it was that caused this pays for the poor work he did....causing him his death.

Callie Rainbow Bridge 3/11/201 answered on 4/6/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I am so sorry for your loss. It is always so hard when you loose a loved pet. I to took my female cat in to have her spayed,she was a very healthy and active cat before she went in. When I picked her up and brought her home she would not eat or drink or walk,she just slept.I knew something was not right with her,I waited a few days,thought maybe she just needed time to get over going to the vet for the frist time and being spayed. I took her back in and come to find out she had a UTI.I find it strange that she was perfectly healthy before I took her in to be spayed and then she comes home very sick. Now she is on an antibiotic,and still will not eat and hasn't gone to the bathroom. Still lays around and sleeps. She did get up this morning and walked into the kitchen and drank alot of water,so I am hoping she is on her way to recovering. We all put our trust in our animals Doctor to keep them healthy,not make them sick. I am very disapointed in mine.