Baby

Trying to find out what breed is my cat?

She is a blend of black, reddish orange and brown. Very beautiful. Eyes are a greenish gold.
Her two front paws have black socks.
She has a bushy tail. She has a main and is on the small side.
She is over a year old and we got her from our local shelter and would love to know what breeds she is.
I am thinking she might have some Himalayan and some maine coone in her but not sure

Asked by Baby on Apr 24th 2009 in Himalayan

Answers

Angel

Hmm... She DOES seem Maine Coon-ish but the are usually BIG cats. My cat, Angel,is part maine coon and she is HUGE! She's probably a DLH(Domestic Longhair) IDK if there's such a thing but there's a DSH so I figured there'd be a DLH. She's a GORGEOUS cat!

Angel answered on 4/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It's difiicult to tell what members your kitty may have on the limbs and branches of her family tree. My Izzie is a Maine Coon Moggie and he has "rings" on his tail, but also has stripes like Baby does. Maine Coon mixes are pretty common. Not all Maine Coons are "huge". I've heard of them weighing in at anywhere from 9 to 25lbs. It all depends on the genes. In any case, Baby is a very pretty kitty and just because you don't have "purebred" papers on her doesn't mean she can't be a Champion in your heart!

She appears to me to be a tortoiseshell mix of generic cat with naturally occurring Maine Coon blood. Lovely cat.