Miss Moo

Tortie, mackerel, or...?

Mom and Dad have been having trouble figuring out what pattern I am, because I have stripes but also patches of different-colored fur (purrrr). Here are some pictures to help figure it out! In any case, they tell me I'm pretty every day! :3

[IMG]i52.tinypic.com
[IMG]i54.tinypic.com

And here's one Mom snapped just for fun while I was lounging on the couch like a human.

[IMG]i52.tinypic.com

Asked by Miss Moo on Apr 13th 2011 Tagged breed in Domestic Shorthair

Answers

Bailey

Definitely not a torti. Torti is black & orange splotches with no stripes. Bailey is a torti. You appear to be a tabby and yes, with just the stripes and no swirls, I believe that is classified a mackeral tabby. And yes, you are a pretty kitty so Mom & Dad should continue to remind you of that. ;)

Bailey answered on 4/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Can by difficult to tell by pictures, but you look like a brown mackerel tabby. In the first picture, it looks like you have some orange patches mixed in? If so, you would be a brown patched tabby.

Spike

Yup, you're a mackerel tabby, perhaps the most classic of all cat coloration patterns. You look like my Spike (although he's fat and you're not). Even though you have tawny fur on parts of your body, that doesn't make you a tortie. And even though you are grey, you would be considered a brown mackerel tabby in cat show lingo. Enjoy!

Spike answered on 4/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer