Bijou

They drank motor oil...I need help

First of all I need to say this I'm talking about dogs and little 5 wk old puppies. Ok now I was over at my friends house and I noticed she had 3 really cute puppies but they looked horrible there fur was coming off and they we soooo skinny. The same goes for their mum and her two other dogs I asked what had happened and she informed me that her dad had changed their oil and that all the dogs drank from it without them noticing and that was about roughly a week ago and that ever since then they will not eat her mum even cooked sausages for the dogs and they wouldn't eat much. I feel concerned and I told her I'd try and find out what she can do. I did tell her the dogs need to go to the vet ASAP but she doesn't have the money for it. I was hope someone can give me answers I feel bad for the dogs she said if she can't get them better shes going to take them to the SPCA in hope that they can get some treatment there. Any suggestions?

Asked by Bijou on Aug 18th 2010 Tagged dogs, oil, puppies, health, food, noteating, sick in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Here is the link to a thread that shows places you can contact to get help with vet bills.
www.catster.com

She may also just want to try taking them all to a local vet and pleading with them to help the dogs/puppies. They'd probably make her surrender the dogs to them but at least they may stand a chance. I'm not sure if there is anything that can be done but a vet would know and they'd have to be pretty cold hearted to turn away a kid with sick puppies.

I hate to say this, but if she doesn't have the money for the vet and a vet does see them, she won't be able to afford treatment. Don't know of any vets that will work for free, but try calling one, they may give free advice that way.. My advice is try to give them milk. If they haven't died in a week, it may just take time to get out of their system. Good luck.