Tripod

Teeth cleaning?

My cat's breath is disgusting, and his vets say he needs a thorough teeth cleaning. I want to know the average cost for cleaning and if there are other ways around this...?

Asked by Tripod on Aug 31st 2012 in Dental Care

Answers

Cost can vary depending on where you live and even the facility. It will also depend on if your cat needs any extractions, pain meds, antibiotics, ect. Your vet should be able to provide a written estimate, please call them to ask for an estimate. If money is an issue, see if they will work out a payment plan or apply for Care Credit. There is no way around it. If your cat needs a dental, it needs to be done. Dental infections can spread to the heart and kidneys. Infected/bad teeth are extremely painful.

Ramsey

The costs will depend upon what is actually done, what tests you opt to have pre surgery and if any unforseen issues or complications are there that were not seen or anticipated. I can tell you what my last one cost. It was a straight thorough dental cleaning for my 15 year old cat. It was her first and probably her last. I feel fortunate she has not needed one until now. She gets feline Greenes every day and I attribute those treats to keeping her teeth clean. I had all of the pre anesthesia testing done and the dental. It was $160 but she really didn't need anything else done.

Ramsey answered on 9/1/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Nika

A dental cleaning will be the most thorough way to clean her teeth, but you can use a tooth cleaner/breath spray in addition. I personally recommend PETfection Breath Freshener Spray because it is 100% Organic and Non-Toxic. It will help kill off the bacteria in the mouth that leads to the bad breath and plaque build up. You can check it out online.

Nika answered on 9/4/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer