Fleur

Swollen lip?

Hi, one of my 7 month old kittens has a swollen bottom lip that is bright pink. I didn't think anything of it at first, I thought maybe she just had lips. Looking back at older pictures of her though, I noticed she had no pink lips before. I've noticed the lips for maybe a week, though I don't know how long she may have had them before, she is very wiggly and hard to get a proper look at. She also was disinterested in the second offering of cat treats today, something that is unheard of for this little pig. I can't say whether she has been eating since both kittens share the same bowl and tend not to eat in front of me. The soonest I can get her to an animal hospital is tomorrow since I don't drive and wont have a ride till then. Should I be worried enough to start calling cab companies to see which might let me take her for a ride to the hospital now, or can it wait the night? Her profile picture is one of her swollen lip.
Please let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Asked by Fleur on Oct 12th 2012 Tagged swollenlip, kitten in Emergencies & First Aid

Answers

Joey

We are not vet's here, just pawparents like yourself. It's tough to say exactly what it might be - my first guess it's either an insect bite/allergy or acne. It's good that you are going to see the vet tomorrow - and I think if your kitty is not exhibiting any signs of distress that it can wait until tomorrow. If she starts having any distress like difficulty breathing, choking, gagging, vomitting, excessive drooling that is bloody or looks infectious or smells bad, etc. then I would say you should get there sooner. See the vet as soon as you can tomorrow. Good luck.

Joey answered on 10/12/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer