Switching kibble on a picky cat?

My cat will only eat California Natural. With the P&G buyout I'm afraid the quaility will no longer be the same. How do I switch him to new brand? (thinking of Fromm)

Asked by Member 987973 on Aug 9th 2010 in Pet Food

Answers

The only thing we can say is not to count your chickens before they're hatched. The new food may be exactly the same as the old. Purina One has also changed and my dogs/cats are just as happy with it as they were before. Don't forget that all pet food, especially since the dust-up over it a few years ago, is regulated and inspected. Always keep in touch with your vet. They will help you spot any issues before they become serious.

Midnight

The typical advice you usually find for switching brands is to grandually do it by mixing some of the new food into the the old. Then slowly adding less of the old stuff until your cat is completely on the new stuff. For a very picky cat, that could take quite some time to accomplish. Don't be surprised if you cat refuses to touch the new stuff, gave it time and don't cave in.

Midnight answered on 8/9/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer