troy leon gilbert

stray bombay that is half something else

i have a weird question i found this cat, actually it followed me and my hubby all the way home almost, its a stray and it looks like a bombay except the white underbelly and white whiskers and copper eyes, it loves water and almost got in the shower with me when i was actually taking a shower and its really fascinated by things like paper, strings, etc. and is really affectionate. she's a new addition to my family other than troy leon. i named her yuki mutuo jun.

Asked by troy leon gilbert on Oct 22nd 2009 in Bombay

Answers

Being half Bombay would be extrememly rare in a stray picked up off the street. They are an uncommon pure bred cat and would rarely be allowed to have kittens ourside a controlled breeding at a breeder's cattery. But please do post some pictures of Yuki so we an all have a look at her. www.cfa.org

It's hard to tell without a photo just what Yuki might be, but she's probably a lot of things. Most cats are fascinated by strings, paper and things like that. The water thing, well, if she follows you around a lot, it just stands to reason she'd follow you into the shower also, not knowing about the water--or she may be fascinated by the motion and "sparkle" of the water kind of like we humans like to watch the rain. It's my understanding the Bombays and Burmese cats are pretty rare, but other Catsters can confirm or deny this. My daughter's Josephine is the exact color of a Bombay, likes to sit up, is fascinated by anything that moves, etc., but they told us the chances of her, as a stray,being Bombay or Burmese was pretty rare. Enjoy little Yuki Mutuo Jun (and let us know what her name means, it's very pretty!) and congratulate yourself for rescuing this baby from a hard,short life.

Yellow

That's good you have saved a cat & found joy in your house :) Well maybe there is a probable chance that your cat has some bloodline of a Bombay but I think it is less than 50% because trait is not just a basis of a cat being bombay but also it's physical aspects such as the color of the eyes, black glossy fur. :)

Yellow answered on 1/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer