Some sort of infection?

My cat seems to have some kind of infection, the chin is filled with big sized black big things looking like this:

imgur.com

imgur.com

At first i thought it was food stuck to his chin, but after scratching it of i could see the skin is redish and the black stuff grows back after a day.

Help please!
Thanks

Asked by Member 978840 on Oct 11th 2011 Tagged chin, infection, acne, redchin in Skin Problems

Answers

Gypsy

I'm no expert, but my first guess would be feline acne. Here's a forum thread where people talk about it.

www.catster.com

Gypsy answered on 10/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Joey

It's either acne or a fungal infection - either way it’s abscessed he needs to see the vet. A cat's jaw is a delicate thing - you need to make sure it is not infected. After the vet - if it is feline acne - there are simple home remedies that can help it from coming back. My cat Joey has had episodes of acne on his chin in the past that we have taken care of at home before a massive infection sets in. While you make the vet appointment - change your kitties dish to glass or stainless steel and make sure it's clean. A warm compress on the wound will help keep it clean and draw out any debris or infection. Please do not pick at it or squeeze it as it can make the infection worse, and don’t apply any ointments or creams to it without checking with the vet first.

See the vet - then pawmail me for some helpful hints. Good luck.

Joey answered on 10/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

My thoughts were acne or a fungal infection too. This is clearly infected though, and your kitty will need to see a vet for treatment.

Minky

Hi

I'd say Acne as well, based on my cat having acne a few years ago caused by stress. Defo go to the vets for some treatment or it just gets worse

best of luck

Minky answered on 10/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer