Sick kitty-vomitting and drooling with loss of appetite :-(

Gizmo is 10 (will be 11 in July) and is most definitely not feeling well. He vomitted twice yesterday and it was not the regular hairball/frothy type that happens every so often. He also has no appetite (hasn't touched 2 different kinds of food) but has been drinking water.

He is an indoor kitty only.

I tool him to the vet yesterday afternoon and the physical exam reveals nothing; they ran a full blood/urine/CBC on him and we will have the results sometime this morning.

He seemed fine once we got home but has vommited twice in the middle of the night and was drooling excessively in between sick spells. And he meows when I touch him, as if he is uncomfortable.

Not looking for a diagnosis (we'll let the vet do their job) but would love suggestions or theories as to what could be going on.

Asked by Member 1155202 on Feb 14th 2013 Tagged vommiting, drooling, lossofappetite, sickcat in Illness & Disease

Answers

Aw, poor Gizmo. You were smart for taking him to the vet's. Please let us know what the doctor says. Because most of us are not vets here, it's almost impossible to "guess" what Gizmo's problem might be. When this happened with Izzie years ago, the x-rays showed lots of intestinal gas build up in his stomach and bowels. He, also, stopped eating and was very tender in his belly. The doctor simply prescribed a veterinary dosage of Prevacid and it worked. Within days, he was "rootin' and especially tootin'" fine. The doc picked Izzie's problem up with an x-ray. We are sending purrs and thoughts Gizmo's way,

The Three Stooges

Single source protein diet- you should really consider this. My cat Gizmo( great minds think alike!) developed a bleeding bowel problem and 2500.00 in a vet stay later later, I found out on my own he was allergic to multiple sources of protein, and he was literally falling apart.

California Naturals and a few other brands have single-source protein food, and in no time my Gizmo's bleeding stopped and his fur grew back!

Since that time, I now use Angstrom Mineral's Silver water- 600 ppm- 1 TBSP per gallon of water, for my cats every day. With 12 of them, it would be hard to keep track of all the sniffles and such otherwise! Anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and extremely safe and inexpensive. I use it to keep me healthy too. Best wishes for you and your Gizmo!

The Three Stooges answered on 2/16/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer