Sick 3 month old kitten being aggressive.

My 3 month old kitten was vomiting this morning and turned really aggressive towards us and his mom and brother. We put him in a large carrier with a blanket and he just growled constantly. If anyone came near the carrier he would hiss and yowl. My husband would get him out every hour to give him pedialyte (per vets orders, thought it was a virus and nothing he could do). The kitten is now acting a lot better, not growling or acting aggressive to my husband or I and eating a little kittens milk we put in her carrier. But when his mom or brother come near his carrier he still hisses or growls at them. Is this normal for a sick cat? We will be seeing a vet as this kitten has gotten sick before a week or so ago and refuses to eat dry food. But in his vomit today I saw dry food. So I don't know if there is a blockage or an allergy causing him pain.

Asked by Member 1151019 on Jan 20th 2013 Tagged kitten, vomit, aggression in Health & Wellness

Answers

It's impossible for us to be able to tell you what is ailing your kitten. He may see you and your husband as "caregivers" who feed him and take care of him. A sick cat may very well act aggressively toward humans and other animals. Your vet needs to perform more tests on this kitten to find out exactly what's going on. If he maintains it's a virus and there's nothing he can do, I'd be seeking a second opinion. He may need more treatment than just pedialyte, including blood tests and x-rays to check for blockages or other internal issues. Good luck.