Siamese or Tonkinese Breed?

Hi, I have a two Siamese Cats, i believe they are siamese until i showed them to my friends and they told me that my Cats are Tonkinese cats. I searched the net about tonkinese cats.. now I'm confused.. My kittens have no papers, i adopted them and im also not familiar with cat breeds as this is the first time i owned a cat.
Thank you :-)

these are the photos of my cats

Female
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

Male
www.flickr.com
www.flickr.com

Asked by Member 1139397 on Nov 6th 2012 Tagged siamese, tonkinese, breeds in Breeds

Answers

Kimi (君)

Tonkinese and Siamese can look very similar as kittens, so it's honestly difficult to tell. As it grows, the breed should be come more distinctly apparent - with the Siamese having a distinctly oriental face in comparison to Tonkinese.

As kittens, Siamese generally have more elongated faces and larger ears then Tonkinese. Where as Tonkinese tend to have rounder heads. If I had to guess I'd say your kitten is Siamese, though I am no expert.

Don't worry though - your kitten will grow more distinct features soon, so it'll be a lot easier to distinguish the breed. Though if you really want to know sooner than later, perhaps consider sending your photos to a Siamese and Tonkinese breeder, or a vet, for a professional opinion.

Who knows - it may even be a mix between the two!

Best of luck.

Kimi (君) answered on 12/11/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer