Senior pet has runny stool and vomiting bile.

I recently had to put my cat of 12yrs to sleep. I have a 15yr old female who was going from room to room for over a week and crying looking for him. I thought she was lonely, so I adopted 2 adult male friends. I introduced them slowly and she took to them right away. However, she is now hiding under the bed, not coming when I call her and has become less then her nornal affectionate self. For the last 3 or 4 days, she has had runny stool and has been vomiting bile. I have not seen her eat much, but is drinking water. I am weening the new cats on her food and she may have eaten some of theirs. Could the runny stool and vomiting be from the food change, the stress of the new cats or something else? Thank you Terry

Asked by Member 981979 on Apr 17th 2010 in Senior Pet

Answers

I'm so sorry for your loss. I would definitely have your 15 year old female cat checked out by your vet ASAP. This sounds like more than just the food change and stress to me - I think she is very sick. If there is a clinic or 24 hour emergency clinic in your area, I'd try to get her in right away.

I am very sorry for your loss. However, your concern now must focus on your 15-year old cat who seems to be quite ill. She definitely needs to be seen by a vet ASAP. There is something going on (bowel obstruction, etc.). I am only guessing from what you describe. Take her to an emergency clinic or your own vet ASAP!!!! Best of luck. Hope kitty gets better.

She still could be grieving for her mate even though she has taken to the other cats. I would take her to the vets whatever just to check out there is nothing else going on within her. Wish you all the best and hope she gets back on form again.